Although hard to believe, the causes of ERP implementation failures are rarely due to technical complexities of the software. Each individual ERP implementation
Panorama Consulting’s Christine Thai makes some good points about implementing ERP software, which really would be the same for any ERP software vendor – not just Infor.
As an Infor LN consultant and CEO of Performa Apps, an Infor Services Partner focused on ERP LN, I would say that we also provide all of the management consulting tasks mentioned when we do an Infor ERP consulting project. We do business process redesign for “best practices”, training, change management and conference room pilots (CRP’s) as part of our Infor certified project management approach.
There are several more crucial pieces of the puzzles for an Infor ERP implementation that the author didn’t really address. The consulting firm should provide:
1) Project management using a proven ERP software implementation approach that has been tweaked specifically for Infor ERP projects.
2) Training, testing and simulation of all the other +1 products in the Infor stack that are packaged together in their CloudSuites (ION for connectivity & workflow, BI such as the Business Vault, CRM, Ming.le for UI and social collaboration, etc.).
3) Report specification, design and build.
4) Risk management.
5) Scope change management.
6) Customization design and implementation (there’s always some).
7) Interfaces to legacy systems.
I’ve actually written a blog about some of these topics on our inforln.com blog. Here’s the link:
For more information on Infor LN and all the Infor +1 solutions, like the new CloudSuites, I invite you to visit http://inforln.com. All of the content is FREE!